Friday 5 August 2011

Tetris clone on Android: Day 2

Hi guys! I've been working on the design of my Tetris clone game and some minor adjustments like adding hold and drop function. The design is a bit rough. I even forgot to have my power nap :D. I was having fun doing this. I would also like to share to you about vibrations on Android. It would be nice if the user can feel they clicked on something by adding a what they call "Haptic Feedback". So I added a vibrate function and add it in my game engine.










This is how to initialize a Vibration on Android:

Vibrator vibrator =(Vibrator)getSystemService(Context.VIBRATOR_SERVICE);

To make your Android device vibrate, you need to call the vibrate() method with a parameter of type float which is the time needed for it to vibrate.

vibrator.vibrate(50);


I still need to refine the input system cause it seems a little bit off when using.

3 comments:

  1. Your design looks great!! but it seems familiar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah! it looks like the official tetris game on android

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! Hey, can I the images you used in your app??

    ReplyDelete

Chitika